Just Switched..a few questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by callmemike20, Aug 30, 2007.

1. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

I finally got my macbook pro yesterday. But, I do have a few questions.

1) How and where do I get fonts for mac? I was looking specifically for the font Agency FB Regular, but I can only find websites that I have to pay for.

2) Is there a website with all of the mac shortcuts that I can easily print out?

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

For number 2 go to

The Apple in the corner, click it, scroll to Systems Preferences. Then a window pops open click "Mouse & Keyboard", then there will be a "Keyboard shortcuts buttons" tab in there.

Lots of short cuts for anyone to learn.

3. mick4394 macrumors 6502a

mick4394

1. You aren't going to find the abundance of fonts available for Mac that are available for PC. This has been a gripe of a lot of Mac users for some time.

2. There is a Widget available that lists all of the keyboard shortcuts. It serves the purpose. Here's a link for the xCuts:

xCuts Dashboard Widget

4. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

What? Exactly what fonts are those?

Any TTF you've used in Windows can be used in OS X though. Also all OTF fonts are multiplatform. Looks like Agency FB is a commercial font that you're going to have to pay for if you want it *legally*.

5. Shaduu macrumors 6502a

Shaduu

Surely you could just copy the font from an XP installation onto a pen drive and then dump it in into Font Book. Well, depending on Agency FB being TTF.