Just switched from 15" to 17" MBP. Display question:

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Queenredspecial, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Queenredspecial macrumors regular

Hello -- please forgive the ignorant question:

I have just switched everything from my 15" MBP to my new 17" one, and everything on the screen appears smaller than I'd like it to be. Can you please advise me as to how to increase the size of things without losing resolution?

Thank you.

2. Genocide macrumors member

An easy way to do this is when on any website,pdf, etc. is to spread two fingers outwards from the centre of the trackpad. This will increase the size of everything on the page. You can also do this for things on your desktop by highlighting them and using the same action on the trackpad. As well, in Safari preferences there is the option to increase the default font size in the appearance tab.

Also, the size of the dock can be changed in System preferences ---> Dock.

If these options still do not help a last resort is turning on the zoom feature in Universal Access in System Preferences. Hope this helped.

3. Queenredspecial thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you -- I meant the entire field, not just certain applications. I do know how to zoom on stuff and enlarge fonts, but that's not really a solution. I'd like things to look of the same proportions as my 15". Is there a way to do that? I looked around system preferences, and saw nothing...

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

Since OS X isn't resolution independant like windows is, appart from changing your settings in every app you use, there is no way for it to be done. Sorry.