Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sonicbaz

macrumors member
Original poster
May 13, 2003
Brisbane
G'day all, on Friday I bought a new single processor 1.25 MDD, I have been running Logic 5 on my PC for quite a while but really wanted to go to Logic 6 and decided although I couldn't afford a new G5 I could get a new G4 for AUD$2400!

I have 2 UAD-1 cards too so the processor speed is not such a huge deal and the hit I have taken is not as bad as I could imagine. I loaded my mac with 1.5Gig PC2700 and also have installed my Audiomedia III card, so I can run Protools and also use the DIO engine in Logic, BTW this didn't work on my PC.

Logic 6 is awesome, although until Universal Audio release drivers for OS X (October??) I am stuck in OS 9. The ultimate will be the G5 Dual which will be a reality as soon as my track deal comes through. :D

Although I've used many different Macs over the years
(Digital Prepress/DTP/IT Support) this is the first one I have owned and it feels completely different to a PC. I love the design of the keyboard and mouse, very well designed and the whole thing inside is so neat and organised and much much quieter than my PC. I feel stupid as I had thought using them at work equated to owning one, and it just flat out doesn't, I don't know why but it is much better than I had thought.

It's so beautiful!

Baz

http://www.sonicelectronic.net

DreaminDirector

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2002
Ladera Ranch, CA
Congrats! I got the same Mac and I love it. It's funny that most switchers have this reaction. I dunno, maybe it's better that we only have 5% (give or take) of the market share. Make it feel like us mac users have a special little secret. Like back in the days of the ol' tree house club.

Enjoy!

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Originally posted by mac15
another aussie mac user, the more the better

amen - i think in the few weeks since the g5 was 'released' over here i have seen (only last night) one - just one - and oly one - g5 ad on tv.

good going apple australia - NOT

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.