Just switched to Macs last week, 2 questions about boot camp!!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by vader1990, Oct 21, 2008.

1. vader1990 macrumors regular

Hello,

I just recently switched to macs last week--I went to the apple store and bought the new Macbook Pro. I am very happy with my new mbp, I love both Leopard and Windows, but I love my new mbp a tiny bit more ;)

I have 2 questions about bookcamp:

I have a copy of Vista Ultimate x64

1. What is a good partition size for Vista Ultimate x64? I have the 250GB hdd in my mbp, and currently I have 213.21 GB free. Should I do maybe 15-20GB? I have a feeling I might need some space on my OS X drive. I have an external hard drive, can I use that for storage in my windows partition?

2. If I ever decide that I don't want the partition anymore, is there a way I can remove the entire windows partition without re-formatting my hard drive? aka. remerge the partition with my os x drive, but remove all the windows stuff?

Thanks for the help guys!

2. The Flashing Fi macrumors 6502a

3. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

What are you going to be using Windows for? If you do a lot of gaming, then I would suggest to use a 50GB partition for it. If you just plan on using some small apps, then 25GB would be good enough.