Just thought of this...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bb426, Aug 6, 2011.

1. bb426 macrumors 6502

bb426

For the past few hours, I've thought of an awesome idea that would be pretty cool if Apple brought it to the iPhone 5/iPad: swipe left/right with x amount of fingers to switch apps, like Lion does to switch full screen apps/desktops. I know for sure that this would definitely speed up the process of switching to recently used apps, instead of double clicking the home button.

Don't know if anyone else has brought this up, but what do you guys think? Plausible? I would think this could be another way to get rid of the home button, since I've seen this rumor pop up every once in a while.

I still think that there needs to be a way to reply to texts without going to the messages app... that's a long overdue feature IMO. I'm disappointed I haven't seen this in the beta.

2. ChristianVirtual, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011

ChristianVirtual macrumors 601

ChristianVirtual

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

4. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

Has it been confirmed that this would still be an iPad 2-only feature or will it be extended to the iPad 1 too? I have it enabled on my iPad 1 now and absolutely love it. It's very essential to my navigation on my iPad, I rarely touch my home button anymore. If it isn't, I hope it'll could still be enabled once the jailbreak is out or through Xcode...

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Chocolatemilty

I haven't heard anything regarding this feature being added to the first iPad.

6. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

How do you have it enabled on your iPad 1?

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

With Xcode.