Just to be clear.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mfaye21, Oct 31, 2009.

1. mfaye21 macrumors regular

Ok I want to be clear before I make myself wait. I currently have a hp that is just a terrible computer, but i can live with it. I have the money to buy my new 13 inch macbook pro 2.26 2gb and 250 hdd with the edu. discount. I dont want to buy it if there is going to be a new one or a price drop within 3-4 months. What are the chances of this happening? If you think it is going to happen, when and what would it be?
    thanks for the answers:apple:

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Within 3-4 months, it's more than likely that there is going to be an update

3. svndmvn Guest

around february, either arrandale, or whatever the 21.5" iMac got, better overall specs, possibly light peak.
    I don't know if better or worse, but the 9400 graphics chip is supposed to change.
    The base model could even get the 2.53GHz processor and a bigger hard drive and that could be it.

4. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

I see this as the more plausible possibility. Arrandale probably won't make it to the 13" the first go 'round, IMO. Probably only the 17 and the high-end 15.

@ the OP: Do you need it now? If so, then get it. If not, then wait - something better IS always around the corner, you know. :D

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Umhh.. Why? Arrandale is cheaper than Core 2 Duos and also a lot faster. I think 13" will use 2.4GHz, 15" 2.53GHz and 2.66GHz and finally 17" will use Clarksfield