Just to help give some light to the Verizon signal issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stewart715, Feb 9, 2011.

1. stewart715 macrumors 6502

Yes. This is another Verizon thread!

But seriously -- I've had a BlackBerry Tour, Motorola Droid and a Motorola Droid X. All of them lost complete service in my elevator at work. My Verizon iPhone still holds about 3 bars in the elevator.

So, maybe it is worse than most phones if held improperly, but maybe its a lot better than most phones if held correctly?

2. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

3. EvilEvil macrumors 6502

EvilEvil

I get full bars and 3G on my VZW iPhone going up an elevator in a 60 floor office building in midtown Manhattan.

4. SeanMcC macrumors regular

I get excellent service everywhere I go with my ViPhone. And when I hold mine in the left corner, I don't lose bars either.

5. zenio macrumors 6502

Not believable, a fluke

6. zenio macrumors 6502

It supposed to be that way. You have the redesigned antenna. You didn't really believe Apple would repeat that mistake did you?

7. mightygitis macrumors 6502

mightygitis

To tell you the truth, I was a little SURPRISED that already existing Verizon customers were acting as if the phone was slower than their old phone. Mine is not, at all. I had a Blackberry, and it loaded webpages very slow (and they looked horrible).

Now the speedtests indicate what we already knew, that AT&T has stronger data and weaker voice. I knew this going in, but as I never had AT&T and was always with the same data speeds with Verizon: I'm only seeing improvement.

8. Rhonen macrumors member

Rhonen

I didn't realize there was an improper way to hold a phone until antenna gate. Since Jobs himself says all phones have the same problem, and that it's only a problem on the iphone 4 if you hold it wrong, did you test your Tour, Droids, with the proper/improper holding pattern as well?

9. trsnrtr macrumors 6502

trsnrtr

I've been using my iPhone in a central room of a block and concrete basement of a hospital. If the signal is any different than my Blackberry was previously, I haven't noticed it. BTW, I have no idea how to "properly" hold an iPhone. :)

10. Onthelo macrumors regular

Onthelo

i second this my bb was even slower and came in fragments i think the iphone is working well.. a little slow but we all knew that.. great phone overall!