Just to verify, no JB/unlock for me?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mcdj, Jul 13, 2010.

1. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

3GS (bought on release day) running iOS4, old boot rom 359.3, baseband 05.13.04. I jailbroke once last winter, but I don't think I backed up my blobs or whatever they're called.

I've made a custom IPSW with Pwnage, but iTunes times out after a while when trying to restore with it.

Tried redsn0w beta 5-5 but it keeps saying "unable to recognize" the IPSW. It's definitiely the correct IPSW and the latest beta of redsn0w.

All I wanna do is unlock the thing so I can sell it.

Thanks for any tips.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Run tinyumbrella to verify if you do or dont have any SHSH blobs saved for previous builts.
    If not your SOL.

3. mcdj thread starter macrumors G3

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

At one point during my evening of futility, I edited my hosts file to point to saurik's server...wouldn't that have worked if my blobs were backed up?

Funny, I remember when I jailbroke it last year that something odd happened when I tapped "make my life easier", and I couldn't get the button back to re-tap it.

Thanks.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, but dont know for what version you'd have them backed up for and what version firmware you were trying to install.
    So did you tap the "make my life easier" button or not sure?
    Either way it only pops up once and never comes up wether you accepted it or clicked no.

5. mcdj thread starter macrumors G3

mcdj

Just read about tinyumbrella. There was no such thing AFAIK back when I jailbroke. I remember tapping make my life easier, but nothing seemed to happen. The next time I looked for it, it was gone.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You never know, you might have 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 blobs saved on cydia and not know it if you JB it last winter.
    Did you notice anything at the top of the cydia page indicating this device has so and so SHSHs etc?

7. mcdj thread starter macrumors G3

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

You mean did I notice anything back when I jailbroke? Nothing. I remember tapping the make my life easier button, and seem to recall cydia froze up. When I opened it again, the button was gone. I think at this point I've wasted enough time trying to JB the phone just to sell it. I'm cutting my losses. Thanks for your help.

8. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Sounds like a good choice. Jailbreaking is all about the details !

9. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Man, I wish there was a way to downgrade w/o SHSH... I miss my iphone 3gs- totally my fault though... alright, I'm done :)