Just took iPad 2 back to Apple to get replacement for dead pixel

Discussion in 'iPad' started by smp4502004, Mar 31, 2011.

1. smp4502004 macrumors newbie

Just wanted to let anyone that's interested I just got back from taking my iPad 2 into Apple today as there is a dead pixel in the middle of my screen. The genius came out and looked at it, and said he needed to take it to the back for further inspection. He came out about 10 minutes later and told me that they will replace it, but would have to order it since the don't actually have any in stock. So now I just have to wait for them to call me with my new iPad ready, but there better not be any bad backlight bleeding or any more dead pixels, because I'm not having that. Let me know if anyone has had any similar experiences.

2. Penooker macrumors member

Did the same thing three times with the iPad 1. No problems at all. Relative did the same thing for iPhone 4, and two people gave her the evil eye.

3. eg2007 macrumors 6502

Same here. Had 2 dead pixels on my iPad 2 that were driving me nuts. Took it in, they said there was a three pixel limit. So I said, well, then I can just return it. Needless to say they replaced it :). Took about three days. They had a replacement come in and it was in a different box with my name on it. They gave me just the new iPad 2 and I was on my way.

4. slicecom macrumors 68020

5. Mechinyun macrumors 6502

lol..

6. Mattstkc, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011

Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

couldn't help myself:eek:
    [​IMG]

edit #400
    (free photo hosting is a bitch)

7. BadMoon macrumors 6502

8. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

I had never heard of this-- three dead pixels being acceptable to Apple, in the case of iPads....

So I googled it......

They swapped my iPad 2 with only 1 dead pixel, so swiftly, the genius didn't give me a chance to explain it also had backlight bleeding pretty bad, I guess its good some Geniuses don't follow the confidential guidelines so strictly

[​IMG]

9. edk macrumors regular

I had one intermitent stuck pixel on my ipad 2. Took it back to the apple store today and they gave me a new one without even checking out the old one.

I have to say, pretty amazing service.

Now - if they could just replace the crappy blotchy LCD on my 5 year old imac, I'd love them even more :D