Just took the speck case off my macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AppleFreak89, May 31, 2010.

1. AppleFreak89 macrumors regular

and Im nervous. have you people who use your MBP naked have any problems? are your computers scratched?

2. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Have had a speck on my MBA since day 1. No a scratch, I clean under it evry so often.

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I used an MBP without a case of any kind for 3 years. There were a couple of light scratches on the bottom, but it held up just fine.

4. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

Taking it off wouldn't cause problems, they are built to be used without cases obviously. And if somebody else has scratches it dosen't mean yours will magically get scratched. You know well enough that how you treat an item depends on its wear and tear.

Treat it decently and you'll be fine. Treat it poorly and it'll get scratched.

These things don't scratch very easily though, you should be fine. Just enjoy it. I used to be an advocate of the case but I'm pretty much over them. I prefer my naked look : )

5. babyt macrumors regular

babyt

6. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

Mine's fine. Absolutely no problem whatsoever. I had a SeeThru on my 2007 MBP for 2 whole years and it never scratched even once.

I guess what people see is normally debris collecting inside that rubble with the aluminum and scratch it in the long run -- for which, you need to take off your case once every two to three weeks and give both the inside and the aluminum and good clean with a microfiber cloth.

7. Tronic macrumors 6502

Tronic

I tHink a couple of the responders were confused. The OP is asking about using a MBP WITHOUT a speck case on. I have used my umbp without a case since day one. Five days of the week in a messy architecture studio with debris all over the place. The only scratch I've ever gotten is a tiny scratch near the hinge bc I was stupidly carrying it horizontal at my waist and it scratched on a Sharp metal door jamb. Other than that it's like new.

On the other hand, my 3G which has been in an iClear case since day 1 is scratched to hell becase of all the crap which gets stuck in between the case and phone. Go figure. I dumped the case a month ago and haven't been happier.