Just transferred from Android... really missing home screen widgets

appleperson1

macrumors member
Original poster
May 21, 2013
So - i've just come over to iOS after a long time on Android, and i'm liking it except that I really miss having homescreen widgets. I liked being able to see my calendar without going into an app, or seeing notes i've made in Google Keep, and stuff like that.

Is there some way to have widgets on the homescreen like this in iOS? I can't seem to find anything out there and from what i've read it doesn't look like iOS 9 will help.

Thanks!

appleperson1

macrumors member
Original poster
May 21, 2013
Also just adding - i'd rather not jailbreak my new phone. Had bad experience with warranty stuff previously with custom ROMs on Android.

So - i've just come over to iOS after a long time on Android, and i'm liking it except that I really miss having homescreen widgets. I liked being able to see my calendar without going into an app, or seeing notes i've made in Google Keep, and stuff like that.

Is there some way to have widgets on the homescreen like this in iOS? I can't seem to find anything out there and from what i've read it doesn't look like iOS 9 will help.

Thanks!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Nothing on the home screen. Basically widgets that you can get in the Notification Center.

jr866gooner

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013
As above nothing direct on home screen but plenty of widgets available in NC and all just a swipe away!

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012
Just to derail your thread slightly but i wish Google would bring out a iOS Google Keep app they have all the other major apps on iOS just not this one :(