Just Un-Jailbroke my 4s - Noticeably faster

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Ponderous, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Ponderous macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hi all. Used Absinthe as soon as I could to get an untethered JB of my 4s. I was very content. Decided to restore as I'd been noticing my newer baby wasn't winning any races against any of my iPhone 4 models. I can definitely say 4s is moving quicker back stock 5.0.1.

Anybody else have a similar experience?

2. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

I'm waiting for 5.1 so I can unjailbreak my phone, but I am running 5.0 jailbroken, and I noticed the slowdown. and it's VERY annoying to me. I'm running a 4S too, and I don't believe it's any of the packages I have installed, I think it may just be the JB itself.

3. MonkeyBrainz macrumors regular

MonkeyBrainz

It seems faster without being jailbroken to me as well, but not enough to go back to stock.

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

it hasn't been the experience for me. i felt like the 4s was the first iphone i've had where i didn't notice a slowdown after a jailbreak.

5. 700-Grizz macrumors 6502

My JB 4S run fast as it ever did? I see no issues at all

6. MonkeyBrainz macrumors regular

MonkeyBrainz

I'm going to attribute the slow down to the fact that it's filled to the brim with crap. I need to do some iPhone cleaning.

7. tygrubb macrumors regular

The only time I've ever noticed any sort of slowdown with a JB is when I had lots of theming tweaks running. I usually don't run any themes, only certain things that I want the JB for (SBSettings, Landscape rotation lock, etc).

My latest install with Absinthe runs just fine, no slowdown that I've noticed.

8. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

I've never had slowdown issues and I'm on a 3GS