Just updated to 1.0.2 what is new?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by llarson, Aug 24, 2007.

1. llarson macrumors member

Can't find anything on Apple and I am heading out to the airport.

2. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

3. b257177 macrumors regular

Apple's notice only listed "bug fixes" with no details or specifics. Some googling will find you some articles though, where 3rd parties have gone into detail about what is changed. Nothing real apparent to the naked eye though, in terms of everyday use.

4. Gonzlobo Suspended

Just under the hood type fixes. If I browsed the internet while listening to music, they'd both crash every few minutes. Now neither crashes. That alone makes it a useful update.

5. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

It definitely seems to me that Safari is crashing much less often after the 1.0.2 update. It could be a coincidence, but I don't think so. Pre-1.0.2 Safari would crash on me literally one out of every three pages I visited, which made it essentially unusable, not to mention embarrassing when demoing it for people. Post-1.0.2 it's only crashed once or twice total, with dozens if not > 100 pages visited. As this was my biggest complaint with the iPhone, I'm very happy, although there's still a lot of things that need fixing, and features that need to be added (ubiquitous horizontal keyboard, notes syncing, multiple calendar category support, true sync with OS X mail including Rules, password keychain and image filtering for Safari, etc.).

6. ctakim macrumors 6502

I had no where near the crashing problems that you all describe with 1.0.1. So I'm not sure what benefit I will see.:confused:

7. scho52386 macrumors regular

scho52386

i havent had a problem with my phone at all, so i havent even downloaded the new stuff.

8. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

9. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

:D