Just upgraded memory. What now?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wheezy84, Jan 30, 2008.

1. wheezy84 macrumors newbie

Hi,

Thanks to all the advice on here, I purchased the 4gb of ram for my refurb. macbook pre SR (screw it, i'll take 3.3 gb, lol). It is definitely running a lot better and faster. Really noticeable. My question now is, what do I do with the old memory? It seems like a waste just sitting there. Any ideas?
    Thanks again

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

3. MacGuyver2 macrumors newbie

Glad you made this post.. I just ordered 4gigs today for my preSR blackbook...

I was thinking about hanging on to them for a few weeks to make sure everthing goes fine... then selling them on ebay.. but i might use the above link instead.

I'm glad to hear it made your MacBook even snappier... I'm a spec whore and just want my MacBook at maximum capacity. Although it's no slouch at 2gb's either.

I paid 96 dollars I think.. for 2X 2gb sticks... although only 3.3 will be used. I just wanted a matched pair and max ram.

4. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

I just did the 4gig upgrade Pre SR. But I was thinking of buying a Macbook for the 4gig. Wanted to see how the MBP treated the ram, flies!

5. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

6. bijou macrumors regular

bijou

Keep the old memory!!!

If you need to send it in for repairs, pop it back in there as Apple is known for blaming 'unknown issues' on aftermarket memory. You won't get much $$ for it anyway so you may as well keep it.

Mine was repurposed into our daughter's Mini, hehe.

7. goose1873 macrumors member