Just upgraded my iPod Touch 4G to iOS 5.. Did I make the wrong choice?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gamecube117, Mar 13, 2012.

1. gamecube117 macrumors 6502

I keep hearing that the iOS 5 slows down the iPod Touch, but all this negative information I've been reading was from October. Can someone give me a conformation?

----------

And what's "new" with the iOS 5 for my iTouch? The iOS is suppose to remove bugs and crap but I've never once had any problem with my iPod Touch. Ever.

2. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

You didn't make the wrong choice if it's not buggy for you. If it's still not buggy, then don't worry about it.

3. gamecube117 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I've been reading more and more negative - photo being deleted, music not working/deleted, etc. I see none of this so far, but at the same time, I see no positive difference either. Everything looks the same, I can't tell what was upgraded. Where is this supposively 200 more features? :confused: I guess it's because I only use my iTouch for strictly music only that I wouldn't know the difference.

4. a$ap macrumors newbie

doesnt ios 5 come already with the newer models ?

5. gamecube117 thread starter macrumors 6502

I bought the latest iPod Touch in November 04... I don't know if I already had iOS 5 but today in the afternoon I noticed my iPod said I had an upgrade available to iOS 5. :confused:

6. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Maybe the OP has a 3rd gen, or the 4th gen from before iOS 5 was released.

7. gamecube117 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have the fourth gen and I bought it on Nov 04, 2011

8. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Probably had iOS5.0 when you bought it and you upgraded to iOS5.1 so there isn't really that much of a different. Main different in 5.1 are maintenance and things like Siri in Japanese which isn't relevant to an iPod anyway.

Basically don't worry unless you have an issue. As long as you backup to iTunes or iCloud regularly your fine.

9. gamecube117 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ooooh maybe this is the case and the reason why I didn't see much improvements *facepalm*. Thanks! :D

10. SamFisher macrumors member

Before i sold my iPod 4g, i upgraded to iOS 5 and noticed no issues at all. Plus this generation is the current top of the line model, so i don't see apple crippling it, as it would be bad press for them.

It has less ram than the other current iOS line up, but it doesn't have to have as many things running in the background such as the phone or gps functions.

At the end of the day, it's your opinion whether it was the right thing for you. But i'm just saying it was for me.

11. Lunchbox700 macrumors regular

I am running ios4 still on my 3rd gen iPod touch, and 5.1 on my iPhone and am not really seeing a difference.

12. quinettaw02 macrumors newbie

[​IMG]Yeah I've been reading more and more negative - photo being deleted, music not working/deleted, etc.

13. Bchagey macrumors 6502

iOS 5.1 was released last week. You can't go wrong with iOS 5. There is some much needed features in iOS 5 i use daily.

14. madrich macrumors regular

madrich