Just upgraded my non jailbroken touch to 1.1.4...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by iPod oldschool, Apr 4, 2008.

1. iPod oldschool macrumors member

I just restored my 1.1.1 jailbroken touch and I'm not sure why. Well anyways, I have 1.1.4 installed and I can't figure out how to make a web icon on my springboard? Also, isn't there a way I can delete a web icon? Thanks.

2. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

To make a web icon you need the January Software Update and to remove one, put your finger on it for a few seconds until it starts to "wiggle". There will be an X on one of the top corners. Press that to remove it.

3. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

You need to buy the application package for that functionality as far as I'm aware.

4. iPod oldschool thread starter macrumors member

Just upgraded my non jailbroken touch to 1.1.4...

What is the best and easiest way to jailbreak it? I had it jailbroken with 1.1.1 for some time now, and I decided I wanted to jailbreak it in 1.1.4. I tried ziphone, but I hated that stupid icon it left on the springboard (the blog one) and I couldn't delete it.

5. iPod oldschool thread starter macrumors member

Well I know I have to buy it to make an icon, but can I delete one without buying it? I tried that and held it for well over 5 seconds, and I saw no wiggling.

6. iPod oldschool thread starter macrumors member

Well I was asking my non jailbreaking related questions there and my jailbreaking questions here. I thought that was the right thing...

7. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

As far as I know, in order to delete it, you need the "wiggle" in which you need the Software Upgrade. You can try deleting it via connection through your computer but I'm not sure exactly how you would go about that. I'll try to find out how.

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

The help you're asking for / input / audience probably overlaps, so I just merged the two threads. This way, all your questions will get their attention and no one will get confused about what they posted in which thread. :)

9. iPod oldschool thread starter macrumors member

10. iPod oldschool thread starter macrumors member