Just upgraded to IOS6, now Gmail won't work?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Megalobyte, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

Was fine until I installed ios6, now it just says cannot get email, check your acct. setting are correct. They are, but I just can't get gmail to connect now with ios6. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. bryann9182 macrumors regular

I'm having trouble staying connected to WiFi too. Gmail gave me some issues but it seems to be working ok now

3. Megalobyte thread starter macrumors 6502a

I deleted my gmail acct then re-entered it. Works now. :)

4. tntdean macrumors newbie

Awaiting my first iphone, saw the posts about gmail. I have been wondering if I would still be able to access my gmail on iphone. Other than the issues you guys are having now with ios6, has gmail worked alright? Does it require an ap or is the setup complicated? Thanks for help.

5. Megalobyte thread starter macrumors 6502a

It works well and is easy to install.

Just go to settings, mail, add account, then pick gmail and enter the info. I like how it works on the iPhone.

6. clarkeck macrumors newbie

There appears to be a glitch with Gmail and iOS 6

I am having the same issue with my Gmail accounts on the devices that I have updated so far. No issues with the devices still on iOS 5.

Pop up states that settings need to be checked. However, the Gmail finally comes through after a delay of at least 5-15 minutes in iOS 6. It appears the Gmail servers are not playing nice with iOS 6. Hopefully, they rectify the situation soon.

Also, phones on iOS 6 are initially having difficulty keeping the wifi connections. Reboot of the devices seems to correct the issue.

7. skytec macrumors newbie

IOS 6 and Gmail

Just want to ask that is your Gmail working with IOS 6 on Iphone 4s?