Just upgraded to leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by robrose20, Feb 24, 2008.

1. robrose20 macrumors 6502

robrose20

I finally took the plunge and upgraded to Leopard ... I like it. I held off because of all the controversy, but geez, I actually like it. I am downloading the 10.5.2 update right now (342 MB).

I don't mind the new dock, I don't mind the translucent menu, it feels very sophisticated...

I wonder what 10.5.2 has in store ...

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

In the real world, there is no "controversy". Leopard is awesome, enjoy.

3. yudilks macrumors regular

Yeah, leopard is awesome.. I can't imagine using the computer without Spaces, Time Machine, etc....

4. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

I agree, Leopard is one of the best versions of Mac OS X I have ever used. I used Panther and Tiger for a short while on various different Macs but I never got to actually sit down and learn the whole thing, but when I switched from Windows to the Mac side it didn't take very long to get a hang of Leopard. Plus, it looks great, and has a great deal of functionality.

5. PJF13 macrumors member

6. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Be very, very thankful you aren't running it on an iBook. Mine suxx0r5 with Leopard. But, when I get a MacBook, I'm sure I'll like it!

Glad you're up to date now! :)

7. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

Sadly, say goodbye to the translucent drop-down menus in 10.5.2 :(

They've made them nearly opaque again because of the whiners.

Otherwise it's a very solid update. And Leopard as a whole is great for me.

8. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

I don't find that they are really that much different before and after the update, just slightly more legible.

9. dborja macrumors 6502a

I'm running on an iBook and it's just fine. It's a G4, 1.33GHz with 1.5GB RAM... I also run on an Intel 2.16GHz C2D White Imac with 3GB RAM and the difference in speed is very tolerable such that I don't feel like I have to run out and get an MB or MBP. Of course, I won't refuse one either if the wifey tells me to get one.;)

10. robrose20 thread starter macrumors 6502

robrose20

I upgrade my MBP, and it is really nice. I also have a Powermac G4 dual 1 Ghz with 1.5 GB ram, how will is run on that machine? I plan on replacing it with a Mac Pro in a few months, should I wait, or attempt an install. Thanks!

11. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

It should work pretty well on there as you have plenty of RAM - I'd go for it! :)

12. robrose20 thread starter macrumors 6502

robrose20

I installed Leopard on my G4 (not the main volume, but another hard drive) to see how it would perform. Unfortunately it is slower than tiger. I think I will go back to tiger for now on that system. I am going to get a MP in a few months.