Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dave12345

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2008
Hey guys - i just upgraded to logic 9 - its all running pretty nice at the moment - some nice new features...

what shall i do with my logic 8 box / manuals / installation dvds ? its huge and fills up my cupboard! I obviously can't sell it complete with the serial numbers as i need to keep them to install logic 9 - do you think anyone would want to buy it if i put it on ebay minus the serial number ? maybe someone would want a backup set of installation disks and manuals ?

what do you reckon ?

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
Hey guys - i just upgraded to logic 9 - its all running pretty nice at the moment - some nice new features...

what shall i do with my logic 8 box / manuals / installation dvds ? its huge and fills up my cupboard! I obviously can't sell it complete with the serial numbers as i need to keep them to install logic 9 - do you think anyone would want to buy it if i put it on ebay minus the serial number ? maybe someone would want a backup set of installation disks and manuals ?

what do you reckon ?

Dude, your worried about what to do with one old application?

You should check out my cupboard, there's 3DSudioMax 3, Quark Xpress 3.34, Passport 4.1, Adobe Photoshop 4, 5.5 upgrade, Illustrator 5, Freehand, Adobe CS, CS2 and CS3 in there.. and I can't sell any of them. I think most people just keep them...

You could try selling them but to be honest, who really wants to waste money on a 'boxed edition' when they can download it for free and later a purchase a digital license, on-line.

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Selling the software while keeping the serial number sheet is really shady. Also if you were to not mention that to the buyer, you could find yourself in some heat.

Honestly, yes the Logic box is heavy, but it really does not take that much extra space.

You can also run 8 on another machine, kind of like a test machine.

It's the price we pay for getting an upgrade price.

seisend

Suspended
Feb 20, 2009
Switzerland
Just keep it. I keep mine too. And I like to use sometimes the manuals. Logic Studio 2009 hasn't any printed manuals of the instruments and tools like Logic Studio 07 as you know.... you can use the most of it aswell with the logic 09..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.