Just upgraded to ML, MY favorite feature is...

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by TheMTtakeover, Jul 25, 2012.

1. TheMTtakeover macrumors 6502

TheMTtakeover

I would to say it is how much "snappier" Safari feels, lol.

2. Prime85 macrumors 6502a

Prime85

I love how much snappier the entire OS feels. I was hoping to use airplay mirroring for casual gaming but it seems it has a very slight lag to it. This normally isnt a problem but it would bother me for gaming.

But my fav new feature would have to be the integration of reminders app. makes typing shopping lists much easier!

3. Cell-666 macrumors 6502

Was just grooving on how quick Safari is and just generally smoother. :D

4. mwhities macrumors 6502a

My first thought thus far reflects the OP. Although, I'm digging the Safari feel.

5. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

This time, I really have to agree. Love the snappiness!

6. 50548 Guest

Safari is NOT a ML feature...it's also available for Lion.

7. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

It feels extra snappy now because of the way the load bar finishes and flies across the screen, it's really cool.

8. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

My favorite feature is how whiney BRLawyer gets when anyone says anything positive about Mountain Lion.

9. Marrakas macrumors 6502

Marrakas

I stopped using safari and went to chrome cause it was so slow. Maybe I can go back now when I get ML then.

10. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

LOL

Mountain Lion is awesome so far. It's hard for me to pick a favourite new feature, but Safari is definitely awesome (better than the previews on Lion). I LOVE the new Dock, new apps... everything. I'm chuffed.

11. chrisherbert macrumors member

Does the new Safari for Lion also use Core Animation for scrolling, like the Mountain Lion version? I didn't think that it did.

12. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

True. Can't argue against that, but Safari 6 is definitely still snappier than 5.

13. MTD's Mac macrumors regular

MTD's Mac

Favorite feature: Notification Center. I never used a third party notification app, and it's great to see my e-mails previewed as they arrive.

Biggest surprise: Dictation. I gave it a few paragraphs to handle in OpenOffice - it was fast, and much more accurate than I expected (significantly better than Siri).

Honorable mention: (not technically an ML feature) - Safari 6. Faster, cleaner-looking with the unibar, pinch to swipe between tabs is handy.

14. 50548 Guest

Did I say anything wrong? I am running Safari 6 on Lion right now. Whining is when someone cries for nothing. I didn't.

15. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

My favourite features are:

Dictation, Notification Center, and a fixed Lanchpad.

Now that you look at it.. what big features did Mountain Lion even have?

I hope Google Chrome adds a Share button to their next release!

16. thestickman macrumors regular

The whole OS, including Safari seem faster to me than Lion. On the iMac as well. Logic sure bounced projects down much more quickly than under Lion. I'm lovin' ML at this point & have had zero breakage of my music software.

17. cshel24 macrumors member

I just not finished installing Mountain Lion, I am excited to try it out!

18. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

I agree. Safari seems wicked fast.

I want to switch to Safari as my primary browser so bad, but the lack of flash support (without having to actually install flash) is a dealbreaker. Also, I really wish it had the ability to pin tabs like Chrome.

Other than that, excellent release really so far!

19. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

First is dictation, with Safari a close second. But I also like notification centre.

(Typed with dictation.)

20. Senseotech macrumors 6502a

Senseotech

You realize that the difference between Flash in Chrome and Flash in Safari is that the Chrome version just looks for the plugin internally, whereas Safari looks in the system-standard plugins folder? Installing Flash on your computer is basically copying a plugin to a folder and (recently) adding a prefpane in System Prefs to control the settings for aforementioned plugin. Theres zero reason for you to be so stubborn about simply installing it. I hate flash as much as the next person, but to somehow insinuate that the simple act of installing it harms the system or otherwise is an issue is absurd. It sits there doing nothing until actually called up by the browser, the exact same way Chrome's copy does.

21. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

I actually did not know that. Thanks for the clarification. Maybe I'll switch after all.

22. Senseotech macrumors 6502a

Senseotech

No problem. I actually prefer this modular way or doing things, the thought that Chrome keeps it own copy of Flash that I can't update or roll back is unsettling personally.

23. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

24. mwhities macrumors 6502a

Seems to start apps faster. Doesn't lag when opening any of them. When you click something, it responds faster.