just used MacTracker

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by xtempo, Feb 24, 2014.

1. xtempo macrumors 6502

xtempo

When i look at the information for this mac my PBG4 is from China and my G5 is from the US. I thought all manufacturing was moved to China so were all the G5 made in the US ?

Also why aren't the clones or Pippin listed as well?

2. gavinstubbs09 macrumors 65816

gavinstubbs09

Something I noticed was if they were made after 2004 (previous to this like my MDD was assembled in Elk Grove, CA) and they were BTO they were assembled here. My G5 was custom ordered to have a bigger hard drive, and it was assembled here. I had an iMac (iSight 1.9GHz) that was from the factory with a bigger hard drive, assembled here. My MacBook Pro and previous MacBook Air were both base models assembled in China.

Now right before (seriously like 2 weeks!) before Apple made the old Mac Pro no longer for sale, I had to customize one as a server for 27 of the slim iMacs, and this Mac Pro had 12GB of Ram, 4x1TB, and it came from China. The iMacs however, were custom ordered to have wired keyboard and mouses were assembled here (however the base models appear to now be assembled here too). And of couse the new Mac Pros are being assembled in Texas.

3. xtempo thread starter macrumors 6502

xtempo

how do you know exactly where the computer came from? besides the country.

4. gavinstubbs09 macrumors 65816

gavinstubbs09

I did my research when I found out my early 05 G5 was assembled here! It's been a long time now but all the first G5's were assembled in Elk Grove, along with MDDs, and probably BTO laptops. The latter (like my early 05 Power Mac and my Late 05 iMac) were assembled in Fremont and my Mac Pro too. The new iMacs, possibly Elk Grove or Fremont again, and the new Mac Pros are in Texas.