Just venting about fed ex

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rushunt, Jun 23, 2010.

1. rushunt macrumors newbie

I just wanted to share my story.. after a long night of not knowing where my little 4 was I got some information at 10:55 this morning looks like the computers were slow in updating and not to worry i would be among you that got yours today. AWESOME .... so at 415 I still worried so i called back and it seems that somehow ??? my phone was here (lubbock TX) this morning but now is in Garland Tx some 5 hrs away because the guy sorting it fell asleep or something.... so it wont be here till tomorow at 10:30. EPIC FAILURE on their part. I have noticed this chain happening. Customer service is at an all time low, you cant even go to a fast food place anymore without having to check and recheck your order. Is it really that hard? We all paid good money's for these things and no one can get anything right.... sorry just a little tickey about fed ex's debauchery. this is the 3rd package this week that isnt on time. What are we coming too... Dont tell me 10:30 if you cant do it. And if you tell me you can dont be suprised when i get ticked when you dont. :mad:

2. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

so you are getting yours on release instead of a day early and you are till crying?

sorry but nobody here is going to feel bad for you and it certainly does not even come close to "epic failure" status :p

3. rushunt thread starter macrumors newbie

wow your a bundle of sunshine :eek: I dont want anyone to feel sorry for me... I have more than I deserve. But im still pissed that fed ex sucks...

4. jgmacrum macrumors member

Mine still says that it is out for delivery, but it's after 6pm now and I'm not buying it. My real fear is that it was delivered and someone swiped it, and I won't find out until hours later when the tracking gets back up and running smoothly

5. Oskee2001 macrumors regular

I wouldn't exactly call that an epic failure by any stretch. Unfortunate? maybe. you're still getting a phone when many people are not. Personally, I think FedEx has been a silent hero throughout this whole thing. My iPhone 4 came from Shenzhen, China, to my building in Chicago in less than 4 days. WOW.

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

The more you wait, the longer it takes.

7. mantan macrumors 68000

Calling it an fail or in this cas an epic fail is another 'failed' use of that tired cliche.

It was a mistake. Just like a mistake any one of us make during the course of our jobs. I know it sucks for you because you really wanted your phone early. But Fed Ex got thousands of users there phone today and millions of packages delivered each week. And at the end of the day, your still getting your phone on launch day. Hardly an epic failure.

8. AK10R macrumors regular

Incompetence drives me nuts…. On the plus side at least FedEx seemed to be honest.

I call FedEx today because my tracking showed no movement and the phone was in Anchorage for over 24 hours (300 mile away). FedEx told me that the phone missed the plane because there was no room on the flight to Fairbanks. I told her it only weighed a pound, she told me but there were several….. I laughed so I get it tomorrow .meh……. I originally was told that it would ship by July 2nd….. I’m way ahead.

9. rushunt thread starter macrumors newbie

10. rushunt thread starter macrumors newbie

you may be right about the failure thing, I do make mistakes at work, Im just wondering if everyone else (in all instances listed above) were held to the standard most of us are, would these "Failures" continue to happen... seems like alot of the get over it comment are from those of you who got your phone :cool: just saying

11. rushunt thread starter macrumors newbie

Honesty

Yes they were what other company tells you the guy watching the sorter fell asleep hahahaha

12. jgmacrum macrumors member

Just got an update on my tracking from 6 hours ago that says "Delivery Exception" and "Future delivery requested".

WTF does that even mean, the thing was out for delivery ... argh.

13. cherrygirlunmei macrumors member

My delivery missed the 3pm estimated time, too. It's 3:38 now and I'm getting rather sad. I have a feeling it won't make it to me on time and I have to wait again tomorrow.

And also, my package appears to weigh 2.0 lbs/.9 kg, whereas everyone else only has a 1pd weight on their tracking. I'm getting even more worried now that it might be some stupid junk in there instead of my phone. =(

Still waiting..

14. HarrisonB macrumors 6502

my phone was slated for 10:30 and I got it at 11:30. It is a busy day for the boys of fedex.

15. Jack Dangers macrumors regular

IMO the only person who can really complain about FEDEX is the poor guy who got his phone stolen in the delivery process. Now that person has every right vent...

16. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

agreed

17. jyu0 macrumors newbie

18. AK10R macrumors regular

OK after this ^
    My wife just called me and told me the phone had arrived at home..... :eek:

19. rushunt thread starter macrumors newbie

o as I stated epic failure and was corrected about my misuse... lets see I think it still was... After what seemed like a 36 hr long night waiting... hehehe I got up this morning excited like a kid about not having to stand in line. so about 12 o clock im like what is going on here , i had been sitting on the curb outside the house ( i was really doing the lawn) and no sign of the fed ex lady... so I called in they said I had been door tagged... kinda strange I explained no I had been there waiting impaitently.. so they called the driver she promised to come back by.... so I waited and nothing.. at 7:30 I called in and they said they had tried to go back and no one was home... what is going on here they verified the address and it was right so I got irritated and told them id go pick it up at 8. I traveled around the neighborhood and found the door tag 16 houses down on the wrong side. so I went to pick it up and at 835 I got my phone... it is awsome... no yellow spots or nothing. so the drama is over, I got my phone and FED EX = EPIC FAILURE.....:p