Just walked into Apple and came out with 6+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wdwgirl74, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Wdwgirl74 macrumors newbie

First guy says they don't have any except for 128gb for At&T. I ask another person who goes to check and low and behold a silver 64gb comes out--- they were pushed over to the side she said!! So u may want to have someone go check in the Apple Store in the back room next time. I think it being Halloween and crappy weather- hello snow flurries in IL- kept people away from the store. Yeah!! I finally got my iPhone 6 +!!!

2. Strange Famous macrumors member

3. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

4. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Awesome. Glad to hear. Enjoy your awesome toy.

5. goknicks macrumors member

6. CEmajr macrumors 601

Congrats. It's an amazing phone. Enjoy it.

7. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Similar experience a couple weeks ago. First they only had a 128gb. Said more than I need. Then he was talking to another person, checked handheld computer and told her he had a gold 64gb. Then a minute later a grey 64gb. He looked over at me and said, I guess you heard we have a grey 64gb. I said yes and I will take it. You never know.

You will love phone--:)

8. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Congratulations! You should buy a lottery ticket.;)

10. naturalstar macrumors regular

11. vitacura macrumors regular

That's great, Congrats and enjoy your new phone!

12. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Hopefully the norm soon.

Let me ask. Didn't the floor person you asked check stock on their handheld device? There should have been no reason for them to have to "look" for phones.

13. Wdwgirl74 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes the first person did and that's when they told me all they had was 128gb for AT&T in gold. I walked away came back said I'd take it. Then sales person came out to ring it up and I told her it showed on idevice checker they had 64gb and when I used Apple store app and picked one to put in my cart it said it was available for pick up. So she went to check herself and came back with 64gb. So I don't know what the issue was.

14. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

thats expecting all the blue shirts to be competent...

good luck with that... =)

15. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Congrats op, nice to see inventory increasing, albeit slowly.

16. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

My local Apple store said they had them available but they were all reserved already. He told me to come back tomorrow at 10AM to see if they have any leftover. Luckily this is not my first rodeo so I did what anyone wanting an iPhone 6 plus would do. I went online to order and check for in store pickup. Well it said it was available for pickup at my local store. As I hastily went through the checkout process as not to lose my 6 Plus, an error occurred at processing and I was notified they no longer were available at this location. I then went through the checkout process and found another location that had them available which was a success! While I'm a little bummed my local store had them but wouldn't sell me one. I'm glad to know that they actually keep them on hold until closing of that business day.

I have a Galaxy Note 3 currently and have been going between getting a Note 4 and a Nexus 6. Both the Note 4 and iPhone 6 Plus have been unavailable for some time, and the Nexus line has been inconsistent for me. After MUCH deliberation, I think the 6+ is the best device for me. At the end of the day, continuity with Yosemite brought me back to the iPhone. I love my Mac, iPad, and Apple TV so this just makes sense. I couldn't be happier to come back to the iPhone and super excited to have found one today! :D

17. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Wow. Good thing you didn't just accept the first answer and got what you wanted.

+1 for iDevice checker!