Just walking into an Apple store for a Touch/

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iSwitchd, Sep 27, 2007.

1. iSwitchd macrumors member

When would you suspect that I could just walk into any Apple store and buy a 16GB Touch?

Sounds like they're mostly shipping BY tomorrow...so would it be reasonable to assume I could buy one from a Brick-N-Mortar on Monday?

:apple:

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

I wouldn't count on it. They've been available and difficult to keep in stock. The market won't just be flooded tomorrow because the online orders said "shipping by 28 September."

3. ds252 macrumors regular

Where do you live, i would imagine most places are getting steady enough shipments to be able to go in anytime.

4. iSwitchd thread starter macrumors member

5. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Not true among 3 stores in Washington, DC. Call ahead.

6. Sketh macrumors 6502

Sketh

This is true, as far as I've seen Ann Arbor hasn't sold out at all. Even considering the store just opened up and how busy it always is.

7. dagored macrumors 65816

Depends on the section of the US you are in. When the iPhone was released, you could walk into my local AT&T or Apple Store and pick one up. They even had signs in the window. "We have iPhones"

I suspect it will be the same for the Touch around here after Monday.

8. chshdg macrumors newbie

I just got mine on Tuesday from the Woodfield Apple store in Illinois.They had a lot in stock.

9. iSwitchd thread starter macrumors member

That store is always SO packed. I dunno if it's just curious people putting their paws on all the merchandise - or if they do in fact sell a lot of stuff.

You can hardly move around in the store 90% of the time.