Just want to say thanks!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bjmach, Oct 10, 2008.

1. bjmach macrumors 6502

Hello all,
    I'm new here but like everything I do, I have this borderline crazy desire to research and overanalyze every purchase I make. So when my old Dell Inspiron 5150 started to crap out two weeks ago I decided that it was time for a new one. Considering I know alot about windows machines (job) I decided that I would get a Macbook. Research led me here and to the fact that new models are coming out, I almost bought one on Newegg without realizing that fact. Thanks to you all I held out on the purchase. I just wonder how many people just buy without even thinking about it.

I think for my next question I will have to see the specs of the new models. But I will be using my macbook for the traditional email, web etc...and also some web design, video editing etc....

Thanks again.
    Bjmach

2. PcBgone macrumors 6502

PcBgone

I bought my wifes macbook without even thinking about it. About 2 weeks later the current macbooks were released. Were we ticked off? No...we were completely satisfied with the machine, especially since after the new macbooks came out it dropped the price of the old ones by 200 bux, so I got 200 bux credited back.

No one needs the latest and greatest. We have been bread by corporations to covet our neighbors things, and to be like the "Jones's". It truly is a sad state of affairs. One that is bringing down our Economy.

Just purchase when you need to purchase and be happy with it. Its not like the previous generation all of a sudden becomes crap when a new generation comes out.

3. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

The macbooks are very fast little laptops. I have one for work and love it.

Really the only place it struggles is FPS games, video editing, etc etc.

The base model macbook will last you quite a while.

Have you ever used OS X before? Thats reason enough to buy one and not look back.

4. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    I went from windows to my sweet refurbed BMB 2.2 in January of this year. It has been problem free, fast (with 4 MB Ram) and I love OSX. I love my MB:D

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Agree completely. Not only do I suggest that you wait until Tuesday, I'd also suggest that you look at the refurbs then should money be a problem. They are tried and tested, come with Apple's warranty/guarantee and will have a generous discount.

I switched last April - and got a refurb 2.4 ghz MBP and am exceptionally happy with it; it is by far the best computer I have ever had. Whatever you buy, you'll be happy with for they are all excellent machines.
    Cheers and good luck

6. jojo13 macrumors 6502

jojo13

your welcome;)