Just want to share how it's going w/ 6+ in back pocket (and also sitting on it!)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Greenone, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Greenone macrumors 6502

Hi guys,

Hopefully no one's panties will get in a bunch over this thread... it seems no one wants to hear anything bad OR good on here these days if it's been even remotely hinted at already on here! But nevertheless I think it's worth sharing because of the anxiety out there lately:

Today was yet another day of my walking around with the big phone in my back pocket (and yet another pair of jeans). I have a clear slim case on the phone along with a tempered glass screen protector. The phone fit in pocket great - not too loose or tight. Not once but twice I sat on the phone, too! Once after getting in the car - but I quickly realized it and took it out. And the second time I was playing an instrument in an adirondack chair in the yard for about 20 minutes while it stayed in my back pocket. I didn't realize it was in there. Maybe it's the way the chair leans back a bit that the phone was fine but for now I feel much more relaxed about the phone and like I can treat it like I treated my old one.

2. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

3. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

So are you going to try and re-train your brain to put it in your front pocket from now on? Or are you not even worried about it anymore?

4. Greenone, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014

Greenone thread starter macrumors 6502

What are you....12? :rolleyes:

----------

Not worried anymore. I was worried a slim case wouldn't be enough (I'm one of the few who experienced a warped iPod touch without a case so was a bit gun-shy with the even slimmer iPhone 6/plus). So now I think this phone should be fine with an average case and plus with Apple Care it's not too much of a concern either way. But again mostly posting for others who feel anxious about it and might be afraid to say so at this point...lest one of the wolves (like our adolescent buddy Kinster) go on the attack. I don't blame people for being tired of the whole bend gate saga and I personally believe it's been blown way out of proportion (while still not being blindly in denial that they could have made them more rigidly and will occasionally warp if not taken good care of, because of that). But being tired of certain types of posts - such as mine - doesn't mean people should be so obnoxious. I swear it's seeming more and more like there should be an age limit here.

I never (or rarely) put my old phone in my front pocket anyway - always in the back pocket for some reason. So no need to switch. Love the big screen of the ip6+.

5. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

6. Greenone thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha that explains it. Time to go to bed, Mister. Actually that's what I'm going to do too. I'll tune in later to see how many bits you've bashed me into for daring to bore you to death (and yet...you just had to reply, didn't you?? You must be reeeeally bored)! Night night. Go catch some zzz's before your parents find out you've stayed up on the computer all night and take away your privileges! :p

7. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

It's too big. I wish you Plus people had your own forum like the iPad people do. We want to talk about phones here.

BJ

8. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

It's morning here in the UK. Time for P.E

----------

Nice one B.J.