Just wanted to share a poster I completed...

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by jdl8422, May 7, 2009.

1. jdl8422 macrumors 6502

jdl8422

Here is a poster I just completed while I was at work (I was suppose to be doing actual work). I wanted to do something I could get printed. I am planning on doing a series of 4 or so. Let me know what you think. Thanks

[​IMG]
    POSTER!!!

2. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

3. macfearless macrumors regular

looks really good! colors are great. however, i would maybe try to make the i in studios a sans serif. it kinda creates a little uncomfortable tension between it and the V above it. just a thought though...

4. fluidedge macrumors 65816

fluidedge

lovely.

Quite 1980s with the greens and purples and the triangular shapes? Was that an inspiration?

the right most yellow ribbon ends a bit suddenly - would be my only crit!

5. jdl8422 thread starter macrumors 6502

jdl8422

There was really no intentional inspiration. I was just bored at work and decided to create it and thats what came out

6. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

7. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

I liked it until I saw the drop shadows, those shadows shouldnt be there along the edges. Theyre ruining the quality of the rest of the poster.

8. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

Yup, the the drop shadows on that intrude onto the central white area are a little off-putting.

Also I see where 'macfearless' is coming from with the I comment, but I think the serifs help with the kerning of the adjacent characters more than they clash with the V.

Overall, looks stunning :) Good job.

9. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

Very good.

I agree with 'macfearless' about the serif "I"; also, as 'design-is' says the shadows that intrude on to the white rectangle don't belong.

Personally I would reduce the opacity of some of the other drop shadows slightly. The only other thing that slightly grates on me is the droplets - they don't quite sit right to my eyes; can't quite put my finger on why. Maybe they need a little rotation and / or shearing to give some more randomness; maybe have the smallest at the top...

Anyway, that's minor stuff. You've done a really good job.

10. diemos macrumors 6502

11. Little HZ macrumors regular

Little HZ

I like it a LOT except for one weird little problem--just above the white box, just to the right of the gold bar--(above the second "D" in "addictive")--there is a bit of turquoise with black confetti on it, and it looks like a frowning face. Once I noticed the "face," I could not stop looking at it. Maybe rearrange the little black bits there just a tad ... ? Or maybe it's just me. :rolleyes:

12. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

Really nice. I generally don't like gradients, but they're done fairly well.

13. macminz macrumors newbie

i actually just checked this out over on creatica.com

absolute amazing :)

i love it.