Just wanted to share a video project

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by drewyboy, Dec 18, 2010.

1. drewyboy macrumors 65816

Hey everyone, I just wanted to share a video project I had been able to be part of as sort of a director role. It's a project for my friends motion graphics class. It's just an imitation Canon add. Everything was filmed on canon camera's and post in CS5. I know there are definitely some things we would have done differently if we had more time, and a budget, but since it was for school and done for free... you know how it goes. Anyways, feel free to give any feedback but more so, sit back and enjoy!

Video HERE

2. jwheeler macrumors regular

Cool idea

it didn't seem that smooth tho...

And the audio was too abruptly chopped near the beginning.

3. matteusclement macrumors 65816

matteusclement

yeah, I will second that.
    Cool idea, too choppy though.
    Color balance was off on a few shots.
    Clean that up and you can sell it to canon!

4. drewyboy thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah, I know there's quite a bit more work to be done but not bad for throwing it together in just a few hours. We've thought about going through it and really nailing stuff down and pitch it to canon but I really don't think they'd buy it, I mean, I don't even know how we'd go about doing it. But again, just wanted to share.

5. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

So essentially did you have that same video playing on the lcd of the camera then you cut the the actual video footage and so on?

6. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

Love the concept.

Once you are done editing and "professionalizing it" you should really find out how to pitch it to Canon.

7. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

The larger companies use outside agencies to handle their ads. One way to get their attention is through a viral campaign, but then someone might just steal the idea. If Canon were to show interest, they would just reshoot it.

You might also try sending them the link if you can find a marketing contact email. Might be able to find is under the corporate section of their website.

Nice job!

8. drewyboy thread starter macrumors 65816

All we did was motion track and overlaid the video on the screen. We actually did it manually frame by frame just because there weren't that many frames that were needed to do that.