Just watched Good Morning Today

derek1984

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 5, 2008
An "expert" was on the show discussing the new iPad. Anyways, he was asked by the host if this new iPad has Siri and he replied "Yes". That is going to disappoint and confuse a lot of people.

moderniste

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2005
I can see how someone could confuse Siri/dictation, or quad core GPU/CPU for that matter. Doesn't sound like much of an expert, but I have a feeling that sort of confusion will be common with this iPad.

orangerock

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2009
I saw it too.
Turned to my wife and said, "their 'expert' just misinformed a lot of people".

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Siri is just useless here in the UK...Okay for the basics, but try asking for fried chicken delivery, pizza etc. We still get the "I can only find businesses in the USA and if you are using American English" Not a major deal for me, was always going to buy anyway, but I was a little surprised that Apple didn't bother giving siri full functionality.

I'm actually glad it's not on the newbie...would just eat up space..:)

jclardy

macrumors 68040
Oct 6, 2008
Well, more than likely the new iPad will get Siri in a few months when it comes out of beta.

I am imagining that Apple is working on some new iPad stuff for iOS 6. The fullscreen Siri interface on iPhone would obviously be a poor experience on iPad.

EIGHTYTHREE

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2012
Who knows, with a future update in could end up having it afterall, just not right now out of box. But I agree with ^^(enimusiker)....I dont watch those silly goons on TV

racer1441

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2009
An "expert" was on the show discussing the new iPad. Anyways, he was asked by the host if this new iPad has Siri and he replied "Yes". That is going to disappoint and confuse a lot of people.
No it won't. Anyone watching good morning today is already working from behind the 8 ball.

sclawis300

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
It was the today show. They corrected shortly after he made the comment. Cut the guy some slack. I can only image the crap that may come out of some people's mouths when they are on live tv.