Just watched Good Morning Today

Discussion in 'iPad' started by derek1984, Mar 8, 2012.

1. derek1984 macrumors 6502a

An "expert" was on the show discussing the new iPad. Anyways, he was asked by the host if this new iPad has Siri and he replied "Yes". That is going to disappoint and confuse a lot of people.

2. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

And...?

3. moderniste macrumors member

I can see how someone could confuse Siri/dictation, or quad core GPU/CPU for that matter. Doesn't sound like much of an expert, but I have a feeling that sort of confusion will be common with this iPad.

4. orangerock macrumors regular

I saw it too.
    Turned to my wife and said, "their 'expert' just misinformed a lot of people".

5. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Maybe you should contact them so they can issue a retraction.

6. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Siri is just useless here in the UK...Okay for the basics, but try asking for fried chicken delivery, pizza etc. We still get the "I can only find businesses in the USA and if you are using American English" Not a major deal for me, was always going to buy anyway, but I was a little surprised that Apple didn't bother giving siri full functionality.

I'm actually glad it's not on the newbie...would just eat up space..:)

8. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

Well, more than likely the new iPad will get Siri in a few months when it comes out of beta.

I am imagining that Apple is working on some new iPad stuff for iOS 6. The fullscreen Siri interface on iPhone would obviously be a poor experience on iPad.

9. EIGHTYTHREE macrumors member

EIGHTYTHREE

Who knows, with a future update in could end up having it afterall, just not right now out of box. But I agree with ^^(enimusiker)....I dont watch those silly goons on TV

10. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Makes you wonder how many other "expert" comments on a variety of other subjects are just complete baloney...

11. racer1441 macrumors 68000

No it won't. Anyone watching good morning today is already working from behind the 8 ball.

12. sclawis300 macrumors 65816

It was the today show. They corrected shortly after he made the comment. Cut the guy some slack. I can only image the crap that may come out of some people's mouths when they are on live tv.