just went from original iphone to 3gs, questions about dock etc.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MLMIB, Jan 3, 2010.

1. MLMIB macrumors newbie

so my original iphone busted under warranty and long story short, getting a 3gs on Apple. a few questions

1) will my sim work on my iphone 3gs? it's currently under an iphone original plan with the iphone data plan 'n all....

2) does a 3gs fit in a first generation dock? is there room? would a 3gs with one of the slim cases fit in a first generation dock?

and I think thats it for now....

thanks for the help

Oh, and if anyone has a favorite case, please let me know.

-Mike

2. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

1) will my sim work on my iphone 3gs? it's currently under an iphone original plan with the iphone data plan 'n all....

Original sim will work, however when you go to activate it you'll be prompted to select the correct data plan. Should you find away around that AT&T will notify you during the next network sweep that you need to select the correct data plan.

2) does a 3gs fit in a first generation dock? is there room? would a 3gs with one of the slim cases fit in a first generation dock?

No, No and No.

3. MLMIB thread starter macrumors newbie

what doesn't allow the dock to work? any way to mod it since the dock is otherwise useless to me...

4. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

You would need to cut out quite a bit of the dock to work.

5. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

I've actually been using my 3G in the dock that came with my original just fine - you kinda have to shove it in, but it stays just fine and works properly :)