Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
The manager had this sheet of paper with people's names and number. Said he would be calling everyone on Thursday to confirm (or deny) based on availability they receive...

Said I should be getting a call because I was only like 20th on the list.

YMMV... not sure if all stores are doing this (or if this is even allowed lol)

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Anyone else get put on a wait list at their local store?

Everyone keeps telling me to prepare for a cluster F on Friday hahaha. Oh well, guess we'll see...

Vctr

macrumors regular
May 24, 2012
I think you'll be lucky if your store gets any iPhone 6's on launch day. Specific carrier stores are really hit or miss when it comes to getting stock on launch day. The fact that you're 20th doesn't really bode well for you either.

BoricuaHec01

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Chicago, IL
Verizon did this for me as well a few minutes ago, but it's just to tell me next Thursday what's going to be in stock so I can be prepared.

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Verizon did this for me as well a few minutes ago, but it's just to tell me next Thursday what's going to be in stock so I can be prepared.

Yeah I'm starting to think they just took the names and numbers down to call everyone on Thursday. Probably gonna get a call saying, "sorry" haha

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Just got a call from my T-Mobile store saying they're receiving VERY limited stock and that they know of some people who were on the list that are camping out. Said my only chance to get one is to get there EXTREMELY early on Friday, but even then it's not guaranteed lol.

So much for that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.