Just went to the Apple store to customize a Mini and got this message:

Miklo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2014

Does that mean anything? New mini on the way???

One can hope lol Are we all just drawing straws now? haha

FrankHahn

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2011
I have checked and also found that the Apple Online Store is currently down. I hope the best for the update of the Mac mini!

Slippery Gimp

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2008
Leeds, UK
Everyone got excited the last time this happened a few weeks ago, and it turned out to be a Valentines Day promotion. My money's on this one being for Mothers Day...

squirrrl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
San Diego, CA
It's not just the mac mini... anywhere you try to "buy now" gives that message.. could be any apple product that doesn't get as much heat as iphone/ipad/macbook. Could also be a promotion.

ElectronGuru

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2013
Oregon, USA
Everyone got excited the last time this happened a few weeks ago, and it turned out to be a Valentines Day promotion. My money's on this one being for Mothers Day...
What's that expression about fool me twice? Still, we could use a bit of fun and are quickly running out of February!

Last edited:

squirrrl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
San Diego, CA
how long do these website updates usually last? Should i just go to sleep and be surprised disappointed in the morning?

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2013
Oregon, USA
Rule of thumb from the last few: if it comes back at 12:01pst, it's date specific and coincides with a hardware announcement. If it takes longer, not so much.

opinio

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2013

Does that mean anything?
Holy English Language Batman! ;)

I believe... and it is just an assumption here... well... it could mean they are updating the Apple store and they'll be back soon.

Now I know that is a wild stab in the dark with absolutely no reasoning behind it but hey... stranger things have happened.

:)