Just won an iPhone...need some help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by playm0de, Jan 10, 2008.

1. playm0de macrumors member

I just won an iPhone. I am an AT&T customer and have unlimited texting. What will I need to do to use the iPhone/what are the additional charges? Also, I've heard the iPhone doesn't fit normal sized headphones. I have a pair of Shure E3C's I'd like to use with it so what should I do? Last....what do I do with my two other iPods?? ;)

2. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

When you get your iPhone and plug it into your computer, it will ask you to activate through iTunes.
    The step-by-step process in iTunes is relatively easy. Using your SSN and current phone number, you will be able to choose the iPhone plan you want, at which point, your previous plan will be canceled.

There are some headphone adapters that can be picked up for $20-$30 at the Apple store. A few people also you a knife or sharp object to peel a bit of the rubber/plastic part off the headphone so it fits in the iPhone.

3. hobo macrumors regular

I'm not the one to ask about the plans for iPhone, BUT I'm pretty sure I can help you with the E3 situation. I shaved down the bit around the plug with absolutely no detrimental effects. Took a few seconds and you just need to (as always) be careful.

I have E3s and E2s and chose to do it to the E3s since I got them for almost free and they're too small size-wise for me. I'm glad I did what I did.

PS make sure you get these. Completely worth the money.

4. sellitman macrumors regular

sellitman

I bought an adapter on Amazon for $10 bucks. Then I got my new Ultimate ears Super.fi3's and they came with an adapter. Oh well. We have a family plan so my iPhone just added $20 a month for internet and $10 for an extra phone.

Congrats BTW!

5. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

the headphone adapters at the apple store are only like 9.99

6. gutterflowerjc macrumors member

Dynex...

They have Dynex adapters for the iphone at best buy, for 7.99$, I got one day after I got my phone, works grand!