Just won jawbone headset? can I use it with my Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Eric Lewis, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

I just wont a Jawbone headset through Rogers and i was wondering if there is someway i can use it with my mac? like for audio stuff? anyway?

thanks

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Sure. Just add it as a bluetooth device.

3. Eric Lewis thread starter macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

and i can use it for any voice stuff?

4. sanford macrumors 65816

Yeah. And yes to the voice stuff you mention later. You may want to read some reviews of it first, before you open the package. Apparently, it looks great, but sounds awful and is cheaply made; e.g., the part that looks like a metal screen of sorts, the colored part, it's plastic. But, brand new and unopened, you can sell it for a lot to people who like to carry conspicuous objects no matter their shortcomings, drawing attention to themselves -- the target market for the MB Air comes to mind; not that I'm not considering buying an MB Air, as it's least apparently not junk, just weak -- probably for well over a $100, even near full retail price.

5. Eric Lewis thread starter macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

i actually won it....and here in canada its 159+ tax at most stores

6. sanford macrumors 65816

Oh I know you won it. I simply meant if it's not very good you may rather sell it, buy a better, less expensive model, pocket the difference.

7. RaceJunkie macrumors regular

I disagree on the Jawbone not being a good blue tooth. I currently own one and would not take anything else. I have owned several and the Jawbone is by far the best I have bought. It's noise reduction is built to Military specs and really works. I use to have people complain about background noise with other BT's but since I bought the JB that's not an issue anymore. :D

8. Sir Tony macrumors member

I have a Jawbone and I use it with my Mac. The sound on my end is terrible, really muddy, this is the opposite of the what the other end hears, no background noise just my crystal clear voice.

9. geocracker macrumors newbie

Jawbone won't pair with iMac

I've got a Jawbone and trying to pair it with my iMac. Running Lepord. No joy. I'm using the bluetooth setup assistant. I'm a new Mac user. Am I missing something obvious? BTW, my jawbone pairs fine with my Blackberry. Also, my iMac bluetooth discovers my blackberry, my dell laptop, etc.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

10. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Just out of curiosity, do you have/can you download the Jawbone manual? Different BT devices have different ways of adding new connections, and the fact yours is already paired means you might need to do something non-intuitive to get it to pair to another device. I've paired a few BT headsets with various Macs, so it's something that's usually easy to do. However, like I said, individual devices are more or less finicky.

11. RaceJunkie macrumors regular

I paird mine just last night. All I did was put the JB in pairing mode then on the mac search for new devices.

12. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

They comment's about the Jawbone's subpar sound quality aren't warranted. When using the jaw-vibration sensing mode, it does sound slightly computerized, however, if you turn this setting off, it's just like any other headset. That was my favorite bluetooth headset until Apple started shipping theirs.