Just wondering if this is happening to somebody else!

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by randj89, Mar 16, 2015.

1. randj89, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015

randj89 macrumors newbie

randj89

I'd loved Yosemite so far and I haven't find any bug or problems until recently! Here's the thing... Sometimes when I try closing an app using the red (x) button instead of closing it will minimizes the windows.... It doesn't happen all the time but it's happening quite often and trust me when I say I'd checked this so many times carefully pointing the cursor to the (x) and I get kind of surprised when instead of closing it hides the window on the dock.

Is anyone else experiencing this? It's kind of annoying but since it started all I do is the hotkey [command + Q] to close the apps but with the finder its annoying when this happens since you can't actually close it so instead it minimizes often.....

2. crjackson2134 macrumors 68020

crjackson2134

This is a per/App. setting within the App itself. Some apps let you configure your preferred default behavior and some don't. Next time you are checking it out, write down the apps that have this behavior and then you can compare notes.

Finder IS your Desktop GUI, you can't leave it closed you can only relaunch it. Think of it as Finder-Desktop rather than Finder-File Manager.