Just wondering something about 5.0.0 JB...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ElysiumY2K, Dec 2, 2011.

1. ElysiumY2K macrumors member

ElysiumY2K

No not the release date.

Just wondering for the people still on 5.0.0 and waiting for the JB (like myself), ain't you worried about the battery life?

Right now i'm wondering whether to update to 5.0.1 to try "fix" the battery issue, but i know i'll miss out on the JB if i do. But if i do JB, the battery issue will be a bitch.

2. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

Must of us are fornunately not affected by the battery problem, my battery is no worse than on 4.3.5. Also there are rumors that the 5.0.1 update fixes the problem for some people, it creates it for other, and as downgrading is not possible I stay away from it.

Also waiting for untethered JB, although I think that in the long run we will have to get used to using semi-tethered JBs on iOS 5, simply because staying at 5.0 will only work until something goes so badly wrong that a restore is needed. With no SHSH playback hack on iOS 5, that means upgrading. :(

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

Seems to be 4s related only no issues on my i4.

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yeah, this issue it linked to the 4S so if you got a 4, you should not have an issue, and based on reports, no even 5.1 beta is fixing the issue either so no reason to upgrade even on the 4S