Just Wondering...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JustOneQuestionForYou, Jul 16, 2015.

1. JustOneQuestionForYou, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015

JustOneQuestionForYou macrumors newbie

I've always been too lazy to make an account and ask, but today I was like oh what the heck just make a quick post.

So here's the question I've always wondered: Does anyone treat their iPhone the way Apple actually advertises them? Take photos, for example. Is your photos folder full of awesome shots you've taken from traveling, family events, etc? Or is it full of retakes, screenshots, and nudes?

Or messaging... Apple always has conversations with people using proper grammar, short phrases, basically people who are intellectual and hip. Does yours look like this or is it full of chat speak, misspelled words, and sentences without periods?

I don't know about you, but I'm OCD as can be. So when I reset my iPhone or reformat my Mac, I always try to be professional and have my devices nice and clean and how they are advertised. It's surprising because I'm not a follower, but I sure as hell am trying to be something I'm not when it comes to this. I fail within a few days and back to the erasing I go.

(This is a serious thread by the way. I've just wondered if anyone else has these same thoughts and questions.)

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

My Photos app has things all over the place. Screenshots, photos, videos, images I saved, etc. I throw my finished stuff on my computer and do my organizing there.

No one in my circle "txtspks". Although my dad tried the other week and I told him off for it. :p

Nothing wrong with trying to be "professional" about it. You might not always need to find photos, notes, or whatever, but when you do, having had organized yourself beforehand makes things so much easier.

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I have some photos. But yes, my messages are generally intellectual with proper grammar. I might throw in a few LOLs or WTFs, but I don't use shorthand and I use punctuation. There's no reason not to, it isn't a damn flip phone.

4. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    No.
    Typically.

5. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

It's simple advertising. Think about it, does the food in the commercial really look like that when you get it at the restaurant. This is especially true for products that you use. How you use it will determine wear and tear, clutter, efficiency, etc. Don't take it so serious. Use your devices and keep them organized based on your own preferences.

6. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

My photos folder is far from "full," but it has all kinds of pictures in it - shots of my son on stage, work-related pictures of jobsites, pictures of my lunch to be uploaded to Instagram. No nudes.

I don't know what "chat speak" is, but I first began using IRC for chat back in the early 1990's, before AOL came along with "chat rooms." When texting became a thing, I wrote in complete sentences (and punctuation) because that's how I write; if I needed to say more than what I could in a text, I sent an email. I don't (knowingly) misspell words or omit periods, and never have.

I guess this means you also write in complete sentences and observe proper punctuation and spelling?

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Perhaps not "as can be": http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/is-there-anyone-else-here-that-suffers-from-ocd.1899696/

8. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

LOL, I knew he'd get called out on that. I made a comment about being slightly OCD in a thread one time and just got torched for it. My "slight OCD" is my need to always clean devices, have devices "professionally organized" (like Op mentioned), and I have a thing where I always need things sitting square on my desks/tables. No, not full on OCD by any means. But apparently not even a little OCD according to the responses I got in that other thread, lol.