Just Wondering...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Miko, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Miko macrumors member

Hey, I bought an iPod Touch 3G (32GB) a few weeks ago and I love it and so I wanna take good care of it!

So I'm just wondering that can playing games that require lots of memory permanently decrease your speed and battery life?

I was playing a game quite a bit today (Touchgrind) and noticed that my iPod got quite hot even through the silicon casing.

My battery drains quite fast I have to charge my iPod everyday atleast because I play alot of games and use wifi alot. Is this normal?

My iPod is also jailbroken and installing themes onto my iPod also seems kinda sketchy as it always has to respring and add code for wallpapers and stuff.
    Can this permanently decrease my speed and battery life?

Just a bit paranoid!

Thanks!

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Playing lots of games isn't going to affect anything. Either your battery goes bad for other reasons or it doesn't. Charging every day for that kind of use is normal. Also, the battery can get hot, but that's usually due to intensive graphics from games.

3. Miko thread starter macrumors member

4. GoJonny78 macrumors newbie

Yeah that is normal. your using wifi and apps a lot. also, 3g touch has 30 hours of music battery life insted of 36 like 2g :eek: if your on your apps and not on wifi, i recamend putting wifi off when your not using it because your touch is constantly searching for wifi. this is what i've heard but it saves battery life. Hope this only helps. BTW, do you ever use voice control??