Justifying what you bought is getting rediculous

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kalebnate, Sep 17, 2014.

1. kalebnate macrumors 6502

I came here to check out people's thoughts on reviews, instead I see people whining about the other size and trying to justify why they bought their perfect phone. It's honestly ridiculous and it has to stop, can we focus on the reviews rather than your personal purchase justifications ?!

Did the same thing happen when the 5C was released ?

2. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

No because the 5s was the obvious better choice last year similar how the 6 Plus should be the flagship model yet somehow part of this community believes that the 6 is best.

3. nnacrumors macrumors 6502

It's just human nature of the forum members here to try and justify their purchases as right, even if that means trashing other peoples choices.

It wasn't as bad last year though since there was only 1 premium flagship (so no bickering about what was 'best').

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Since when did this forum become a review review forum? :confused:

5. kalebnate thread starter macrumors 6502

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I'm sick of reading how they justify their decision is better. "Glad I bought the 6, Glad I bought 6+, This is why I cancelled my order and got the 6/6+" ... Get a grip !!!

----------

Since when did this forum become a "I will talk your decision down to make myself feel better" forum ?

6. Savor Suspended

Savor

Since the beginning of forums.

It is like this in any forum especially in sports or politics. Go read YouTube comments. Internet is for people to be negative, whine, and complain.

It has become worse this year because iPhones generally is the most popular product from a polarizing company like Apple. People need reassurance. Basically two models with nearly same specs but with compromises like bigger size or smaller battery capacity along the way. So people seek petty arguments to cover up those compromises and for justifying their purchases.

7. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

It's human nature mostly, and partially the way our society is training kids nowadays.

Imagine doing a 30 minute presentation to a group and being told afterwards that it was completely average. Average means on par with everyone else, but we would take it as pure insult. We all have to be great, excellent, excel at all times, A+ effort and reward. And since we can never be consistently great as most of us are indeed average, the best way to make yourself look higher is to make someone else look lower.

It's like a sickness. I wish a different philosophy were taught, like, we are all equal, and we all have the capacity to be better.

Sorry, got a little philosophical!

8. urkel macrumors 68030

I don't think it's a case of "Human Nature" at all. Based on the personalities I've seen so far then I'd say this is all a case of Crow Poisoning.

Think about it. For all those people who mistakenly believed that a Keynote was a Sermon then their entire lives have been flipped (and then flopped). Everything they've been preaching against now exists in the only two options Apple made available. So now they're lashing out at everyone in a last ditch effort in order to avoid eating those racks of rotisserie crow that they've stockpiled. Its both funny and sad (but mostly funny).

9. SetHutBlue42 macrumors member

Cognitive dissonance is dangerous. It makes people do and say incredibly stupid things. People used to have to deal with internally; now the internet lets people make every idiotic thought they have public. Like this one.

10. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

This must be your first phone introduction!

Just sit back and try to relax. Let people here do as they wish as it is a open forum and this is all typical.

You have not seen anything yet!

11. the8thark macrumors 68040

the8thark

No. The 5s was clearly better. The 6 is better than the 6+ and vice verse depending on what you want and how you justify it. There is not5 one of the 2 that everyone agrees is the better device, hence the arguments over which one is better.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

This must be your first rodeo, this occurs every year, though the larger size gives people an extra wrinkle. Every year we see similar threads and posts. Just roll with it. The reviews (and complaints) will start trickling in as people get the phones.

13. kalebnate thread starter macrumors 6502

Eh ... Guess this isn't the first time then. Assuming it won't be the last either !

14. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Of course we are going to have part of this community that will think one is better. They have 2 flagship models in unison this year, that is why both parties are completely wrong.

A persons reasons for choosing one size over the other is entirely personal and neither choice is better than the other because we are all different. Each size iPhone has their own set of pro's and con's that suit people differently. We have 2 flagship models, not 1.

15. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

you just joined SIX days ago and have already cluttered the forum up with NINE new threads that are all similar to what you are referring to.

" Originally Posted by kalebnate View Post
    One of the topics to start popping soon is about yellow screen issues. Anyone here would exchange their phone if it's screen had a yellow tint ?"

16. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

I find it amazing, myself. The way I thought about the two phones is whichever size you prefer, you choose that device.

Now we have a spec war going on within the community. Odd since we've long known that specs don't tell the full story.

17. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Dude, this is an internet forum. :eek:

18. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Whoever feels the need to justify how they spend their money to strangers has an insecurity problem.

19. kalebnate thread starter macrumors 6502

I know, but it just becomes too irritating to read even the headlines.

20. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

Its always like this around this time every year, give it a month and all the posts will cool down:apple:;)

21. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

You came here hoping to see reviews about a phone none of us actually have yet? All we have is to express why we chose what. So that's what you're gonna see until we get our hands on it.