JUUK Premium bracelets

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by aduteau, Jun 26, 2015.

1. aduteau macrumors 6502a

2. soya macrumors 6502

soya

Those ones look pretty nice! Let's see if the final product is good.

3. StophMac24 macrumors 6502

StophMac24

I second! Definitely back this one. I already put in my $100 backing on that first band. Looks exactly like the apple band except $350 cheaper.

Winner to me.

4. aduteau thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah i backed the Revo brushed (early bird edition) looks just like the real thing :)

5. iVegas macrumors 6502

iVegas

I love the Revo. I wish delivery wasn't so far out. Might back this ... undecided for now.

6. soya macrumors 6502

soya

Polished version has a RADO look to it. The detail I like the most is the connector that blends seamlessly with the watch.

7. aduteau thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is the official Apple link bracelet polished or brushed ?

8. soya macrumors 6502

soya

I own a Link bracelet and it is brushed. I hope JUUK is gonna make HOCO styled bands :)

9. aduteau thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thx for the anwser :)
    So how those those JUUK link bracelet pics and videos look so far compare to official Apple link bracelet ( since you own one ) ? :)

10. soya macrumors 6502

soya

I can't exactly tell since I never got the JUUK in hand but I'd say pretty close minus the easy link removal engineering bit. Not sure if it is an impression but the Lucarno version seems slightly thicker than the Link Bracelet. I might get the polished Revo one.

I'd like to see bracelets like this one. The one I have is too large to fit current adapters.. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435346367.352476.jpg

11. aduteau thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh man that is a sweet looking bracelet, the two colors really nails it down !

12. soya macrumors 6502

soya

It's one of my main criticism about the Link Bracelet, it looks kindof plain reason why some people say it looks like Casio. I'd like to see more contrast in the bracelets. HOCO has nice bracelets with beads but they are all colored either silver or black. There was an Indiegogo company called DWISS that failed to reach it's funding and they were planning to release such bracelet although it lacked silver accents next to the black parts. I personally don't like their adapter but the renderings kindof give you an idea.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435347636.003905.jpg

13. aduteau thread starter macrumors 6502a

The two colors was the right direction, but the adaptor .... Not too sure about that.

Would like if some dev would come out with a two color with good quality

14. soya macrumors 6502

soya

Here's a preview using my current bracelet haha
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435348715.960453.jpg

15. aduteau thread starter macrumors 6502a

Someone is sure to make a bracelet like that soon for apple watch !

16. swandy macrumors regular

I AGREE!!!! My wife has a Tag Hauer with that band and I would LOVE ONE to go with my Apple Watch SS!!!!

17. TJone macrumors 6502a

Wow that looks brilliant!

18. bibyfok macrumors 6502

bibyfok

Q: Will these work on the Apple Watch Sport line?

A: From a fit standpoint, absolutely. However, because the Sport line is aluminum and our bracelets here are stainless steel, the two different metals have different colour temperatures (aluminum is brighter), so the colour match may not be exact. If you look at the images of the different finishes of the steel here, you can already see that polished is the coldest colour, while matte is the warmest colour. This is also the reason why we didn't offer a dark gunmetal plated steel option here, because it takes time to experiment and develop the best colour match between plated steel and anodized aluminum, which are two very different processes that yield different results.

I had a direct exchange with the creator about the Sport Watch and band and here is the answer:
    "But I can be honest and say it won't match. Matte steel is much warmer in colour."​

19. rosario1990 macrumors regular

20. rosario1990 macrumors regular

Cute and clear work. Hands off for this.

21. bibyfok macrumors 6502

bibyfok

I ordered a Locarno Brushed for my Apple Watch Sport

22. soya macrumors 6502

soya

Alright guys! I have contacted Eugene from JUUK on Indiegogo. This is his reply to my suggestion regarding the "contrast" bracelet:

Hi QK, thanks for writing. Yes, we can do these bracelets and there’s no technical issue why we couldn’t. They’re quite nice and would offer a good chance to put some alternate colours onto the Apple Watch straps. Thanks for the suggestion!

23. aduteau thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh wow, sweet !! Lets make this Indiegogo come true then !! Maybe after they will ofer more bracelet models if the first two are a success!!:)
    We need to spread the word !

24. iVegas macrumors 6502

iVegas

I've never done one of these types of backings before. If you change your mind down the line can you opt out and get refunded?

25. aduteau thread starter macrumors 6502a

I Think you only get refuned if the project doesnt reach its founding goal ...