Jvc Camcorder

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by kvj4nyg, Jun 3, 2008.

1. kvj4nyg macrumors newbie

I dont have a mac YET, but i'm planning on buying one.. I have a JVC GZ-MG175E camcorder, and I was wondering if it will work directly with imovie, or do I have to use a speciel program? it would be awsome if anybody own the same kind of camcorder, or know someone who does..

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

It is my understanding that this is a hard drive-based camcorder. These are not compatible with iMovie unless Apple or the vendor says so. mini DV tape-based camcorders with FireWire ports are almost guaranteed to work out of the box. Apple has a list of supported non-tape camcorders in the iMovie area of its website.

3. kvj4nyg thread starter macrumors newbie

ok..

ok.. i did see the list once, and the camera isn't there, but its just the cameras apple has tested, so its not sure that others wont work. but i made a post like this on another webside, and didnt get much answers, but i did get one, and he had a JVC GZ-MG130E i think thats the name :) and he said that i works perfect. and that that camera is the same as mine, exept it has got a smaller harddrive.

so do you think mine will work?

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Apple does not have a public list of none-tape vidams that don't work. The list that you see is of every model that it knows does work. The list is not there to trick you. Your camera comes from a major manufacturer. If that model worked with iMove, then you can be assured that both Apple and the manufacturer would want you to know it.

No.

5. kvj4nyg thread starter macrumors newbie

that sux :(