JVC Digital video Camera GR-D73U Help

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by tennismanclay, Feb 21, 2008.

1. tennismanclay macrumors regular

tennismanclay

I have an old JVC video camera and needed some help.

I'm wanting to start using this camera,(its been my brothers and he hasn't used it much). Although i don't have the cable to charge it, or a cable to get the video off of it. Nor do i even know what cable to get to transfer the media off of it, (usb, DV)? Or if the even sell a cord to plug it into my wall.

So the question is this,

1. Where could i buy a charger for this camera, or could i charge it with my computer.
    2.What cord to use to transfer the stuff i record and get it onto my computer.
    3. If i need any additional drivers or software.
    4. I tried connecting it with a DV to firewire cable and did not see it on my computer, dont know if this is the right cord, it wont see if cuzz its battery is dead, or i dont have the drivers for it.

Thanks guys.

-Clay

2. -DH macrumors 65816

A Google search produced these results: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=GR-D73U&btnG=Search
    The first listed shows two models of chargers for use with that camcorder.

According to this: http://e-catalog.rusbiz.com/product/8865.html your camcorder has a DV port (AKA Firewire, iLink, IEEE1394). You'd need a 4 pin to 6 pin Firewire cable to connect to your Mac.

See the link for #1

If the battery is dead and you have no AC connection, it won't work. Period.

-DH

3. tennismanclay thread starter macrumors regular

tennismanclay

So there are no drivers for the mac? Just XP?

thanks for the help

4. tennismanclay thread starter macrumors regular

tennismanclay

i guess im blind but im not seeing them.