JVC Memory Card Cameras any good?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by bloodycape, Sep 29, 2007.

1. bloodycape macrumors 65816

I am looking to purchase a memory card or flash based camera to purchase for friend who is an aspiring video director/writer as a bday gift. He prefers to use a flash based or memory card based camera as he/we do a lot of action and running shots. Size of the camera does not matter at all as long as it fits on a standard tripod with no issues. The key thing here would be imovie HD and FCE support. He/we are currently using a Canon S2 IS camera which surprisingly has good video quality. I guess you can say as long as the all around quality, color, and sound is better than the S2 IS it be nice.

I was looking at the JVC GZ-MC200, as it uses CF and MicroHD cards. But, I am not sure on how friendly this is with imovie HD and FCE. I think I read it records in mpeg2 but I am not sure. Are they any other Cameras that are similar to this one. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. bloodycape thread starter macrumors 65816

Is it worth the extra to get the JVC GZ-MC500 over the JVC GZ-MC200? Is the 3ccd lens that much more better quality?

What about those Sanyo Xacti models? The size is nice but is the quality good? And do the have imovie hd and fce support?