K so my dad got a vista PC...

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Mr. MacBook, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Mr. MacBook macrumors 6502

Windows Vista Home Premium.

Kthanks.

Now since we all know what a windows pc is good for(gaming) i really need some advice.

Vista gives me too many installation warnings(allow or deny, is this trusted software?)

You guys found any tips to slow it down? My game downloads 20% slower cause of this disadvantage.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

What do you mean, 20% slower? You have to allow the download at the beginning and/or end, right? Why would it make any difference how fast the game actually downloads in the middle?

3. Mr. MacBook thread starter macrumors 6502

Dude, i had an 1.3GHz Intel Celeron M and this is slowing it down alot, seeing as i dont pay attention to the downloading.

Now im on a intel core 2 duo and im downloading freakin call of duty 1...

But it's so slow cuz of the dumb warnings. How do you lower the settings?

4. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

I've never even used Vista, but common sense is telling me you need to go into the control panel, and then look in 'automatic updates' or something like that.

Thats what it would be in XP anyway.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Dude, Google is your Friend. And don't take that attitude with me.

6. brand macrumors 601

brand

You just asked to slow what down? I can assure you that your game is not downloading slower because of a question before the actual download.
    Again I guess you do not know what you are talking about because the speed of the download would not be affected by the warnings.

7. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

I am on Vista now and have not had that problem

8. kinchee87 macrumors regular

kinchee87

Question is, how do you know that the download is 20% slower? Maybe it's the server the file is on that is slow. Secondly are you using any sort of download manager to get your file?

9. jamesi macrumors 6502a

jamesi

vista is a resource hog, what do you expect? download speeds depend on your connection, etc. but warnings slowing it down, i dont think so