K60 Printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Telp, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I am trying to connect my macbook to a k60 printer. I searched the forums and found the driver thing i had to download (gutenprint) or something like that. Now i am trying to be able to print over a network and i am unable to do so. Can someone tell me how to do this?

2. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

Update: I believe the problem lies within the fact that the computer the printer is hooked up to will not allow printer sharing. I do not know why, but possibly because of the driver issue? Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem? Thank you.

3. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

We need more info - is this a shared printer (mac or PC) or is it connected to a print server? What have you tried so far?

4. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

The printer is connected to a Dell running Windows XP. I have tried connecting via IPP, and LPD. I have left the queue number or w.e. blank and have tried lp, as the gutenprint guide told me too. Tell me if you need more.

5. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

6. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

When i go to allow printer sharing on the PC, it says this printer is unable to be shared.

7. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

Sorry, that's a Windows issue, and I've never seen it before. Maybe someone else will jump in here.

8. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

Ha yeah, thanks anyway...this is a pain in the ass .