Kameleon broke itunes

ert3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 10, 2007
I had to reinstall itunes 8 after using kameleon and frankly that doesn't really make me want to use the half that affects the entire OS.

Anyone have any similar or less frightening stories about this app?

lawgers

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2008
Same same.

Looks like Kameleon will kill you if your machine is completely up-to-date. Needless to say, discouraging and slightly frightening. What gives?

Musocat

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2005
Hollywood
I had to reinstall itunes 8 after using kameleon and frankly that doesn't really make me want to use the half that affects the entire OS.

Anyone have any similar or less frightening stories about this app?

Yeah, it broke mine too - iTunes 8. "not enough memory."

Not ***** good. That's what I get for installing an ***** amateur app.

ianogden

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2006
London
God damn! that app broke mine too, i dont want to re-install iTunes... I'm going to get onto them... this is not to be tolerated!

ianogden

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2006
London
I emailed them and got this response...

"You will need to reinstall iTunes 8. Kameleon's themes are not compatible with Version 8, yet."

On their website, there is no mention of an incompatability with version 8, and on the Mac Bundle page there is also no mention of this incompatability.

I'm rather annoyed by this and I need sleep.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Heh, I didn't even realize I typed the name wrong. I'm using the same software, just spelled it wrong. I got it in the bundle from MacUpdate (actually, I won that particular part of it in a raffle, so I don't have the rest of the bundle even).

jW

jkb1234

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2008
if you have a little time, check out my help thread with Kameleon (i agree, stupid app!) i cant add itunes themes b/c i have itunes 8. but if any of you have a solution, plz check HERE!