Kane's Wrath for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by ImperialX, Feb 18, 2008.

1. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

I have C&C3 installed on my iMac and absolutely love it. However, I only see the expansion, Kane's Wrath, announced for Windows. Red Alert 3 is also only announced for Windows.

At WWDS 2007 EA Promised simultaneous releases for Mac titles, but if that's the case, why hasn't anyone mentioned the Mac version yet? Is it really coming? :confused:

2. kaltsasa macrumors 6502a

It seems that C&C3 has been doing well on the Mac (at least I and several others I know all have it). I would expect a Mac release of the xpac regardless of what has been announced right now.

3. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

yeah lots of people bought the Cider Port so i don't see why they wouldn't...

on the other hand...

It is EA... so... they always find ways of screwing stuff up.

4. kaltsasa macrumors 6502a

I emailed EA again asking about this. I originally emailed them in April and they had said that something was in the works. Now they tell me that Aspyr is the one to talk to about a lack of Kane's Wrath. EA doesn't know what it's doing. I should have known better than to give them my 50 bucks but I wanted to believe that if I put my money where my mouth is Bing would stick to his word. Bing Gordon=FaIL

5. redsteven macrumors 6502a

redsteven

Threads about this have been cropping up for a really, really, really long time. I understand why though. You have every right to ask if there have been new developments - if they have made any announcements about Kanes Wrath for mac. Looks like they haven't.
    So I will provide the same example I've provided before:

Battlefield 2142 was one of the other Cider ports released by EA in their "back to mac" campaign thing. Well, Battlefield 2142's expansion pack was ALREADY released for PC when they made the mac port. And guess what... the expansion pack is still not available for mac.

In other words, don't hold your breath.

6. finkcreative macrumors newbie

You know the story, those Mac games EA promised for the summer don't arrive until the next year well unfortunately with Battlefield Heroes, EA won't make any promises. And since they aren't even continuing to support existing titles such as 'Command and Conquer 3' by not porting the expansion 'Kane's Wrath', don't expect them to allow DICE to expand the appeal of this wonderful game.

7. Spoxz macrumors newbie