Kanex Launches Apple Certified 'GoPower Watch Stand' With Extra USB Port for iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 18, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Following an announcement last December, accessory company Kanex today launched its GoPower Watch Stand for the Apple Watch. The Apple MFi-certified accessory includes an integrated charging puck that recharges and displays the Apple Watch, as well as an additional USB port on the back that can simultaneously charge an iPhone, iPad, or any other USB-compatible device.

[​IMG]
    The company also announced that its GoPower Plus power bank now comes in Rose Gold and Matte Black colorways. The power bank supports simultaneous charging to two devices and has an 8,000 mAh battery with an integrated MFi-certified Lightning adapter. The accessory was previously available in Space Grey and Gold.

Anyone interested can purchase the GoPower Watch Stand for $69.95 and the GoPower Plus for $59.95 on Kanex.com.

Article Link: Kanex Launches Apple Certified 'GoPower Watch Stand' With Extra USB Port for iPhone

2. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

sometimes i hate labeling so much i think of ways to take things apart and repaint or powder coat them again. Looks nice otherwise

3. OldSchoolMacGuy macrumors 68030

OldSchoolMacGuy

4. snebes macrumors 6502a

5. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

The fact it can charge an additional device simultaneously is An advantage other stands don't offer at this price point.

6. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

Are you blind? It's round. You can swivel the watch sideways to Nightstand mode.

7. OldSchoolMacGuy macrumors 68030

OldSchoolMacGuy

Of I can just have a 2nd USB charger for 99¢.

8. whyamihere macrumors regular

whyamihere

The stand itself is charged by a barrel power connector?? Pass. Would've been brilliant to charge it with lightning, or at the very least micro USB or USB-C.

9. nrose101 macrumors regular

nrose101

I see everyone complaining about the price. You do realize this is the first stand to not make you pay a separate apple watch charger. It saves you 29.99 right there!

10. Elladan11 macrumors newbie

Go ahead, buy it and try it. I think you'll find that it won't work because the watch band will get in the way. I have yet to see a watch stand designed for Nightstand mode that I want to purchase.

11. whyamihere macrumors regular

whyamihere

It is nice that the puck is included, but it isn't the first:

https://www.elevationlab.com/products/battery-pro-for-iphone-apple-watch

http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F8J201/

Though this Kanex is a bit cheaper than the above, it's less convenient for my needs (I own the Belkin and it has been quite useful for camping and traveling).

12. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

Are you blind? The band would get in the way

Way to embarrass yourself

13. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

IMG_0002.JPG I think the Belkin Valet Charge Dock is a more elegant solution, albeit at a higher price.

14. nrose101 macrumors regular

nrose101

15. imola.zhp macrumors 6502

imola.zhp

16. Mouse man Suspended

Mouse man

I paid 24.00 for a device in amazing. It charges my watch in night stand mode, my iPhone and my EarPods/iPad etc. So that's not worth the price point of 70

17. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I agree $70.00 is steep. Two things come to mind with this product which I would consider. I also like to think "You get what you pay for" Motto.

1.) It allows for charging two devices at once. Which is convenient.

2.) Kanex makes a really nice, reputable product. I have owned other items from them, which They last and sell quickly used as well.

18. rturner2 macrumors 6502

I can't see how I can use night stand effectively and easily on this stand. night stand is one of the best features on the apple watch.

19. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

I have a near identical one from TwelveSouth that I've been using on my bedside for over a year. Nightstand Mode works perfectly regardless of any of the bands I use on it. I just lightly tap my table and the Watch wakes up and shows the time.

20. macs4nw macrumors 601

macs4nw

Yes, that logo seems obnoxiously large and centered.

21. tom.humphrey macrumors newbie

£70 for something that doesn't do night stand, looks fairly cheap and has ugly branding right on the front of it....No thanks

22. Whimseh macrumors member

why is the phone screen down
    WHY IS IT SCREEN DOWN

I N T E R N A L S C R E A M I N G

23. macs4nw macrumors 601

macs4nw

Now, now, take your pill and a deep breath.

24. Bistroengine macrumors regular

Bistroengine

Undo Watch band then rotate. Problem solved.
    --- Post Merged, May 27, 2017 ---
    I've looked at the Belkin too. The majority of stands seem to mimic this design. However, the Kanex is the 1st I've seen that doesn't require you to place your phone upright in a dock. I use the app Sleep Cycle frequently which requires you place your phone face down on your nightstand so the Kanex is appealing to me for this reason. Also not to mention the added benefit of having your original charge cable free to use as a 2nd portable charging cable.
    This stand doesn't 'need charging'. It's not a portable battery unit. How else would you expect to charge 2 devices at once? I don't think a single lightning or USB-C cable could deliver enough juice for 2 devices. Plugging this into a standard AC outlet isn't a deal breaker for me if it's just going to sit on your nightstand.
    What makes you think this won't work with Nightstand mode?
    I just noticed the price went up to $79.95 since this article was posted and it still says preorder. I'm hoping it will eventually end up on Amazon for much cheaper.

25. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

I hope you're being sarcastic, making things more difficult should not be the priority of the product