Kanga!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by bunnspecial, Dec 14, 2015.

1. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

Thanks to a timely alert @LightBulbFun , I was able to purchase a Kanga PowerBook on Ebay a little while ago.

The one I bought is 250mhz and has the RAM maxed at 160mb. The price was quite reasonable, especially given what these generally bring on Ebay.

I'm incredibly excited about this-the Kanga was the only G-series laptop I didn't own an example of, and one of the few G-series Macs I didn't have(I now only lack an iMac G5 and an Xserve G4).

Full report when it arrives.

2. Gamer9430 macrumors 68020

Gamer9430

I wonder where you got a Mac Mini G4 from... ;)

Anyway, lol, congratulations on your long sought out Kanga, and kudos to @LightBulbFun for his great eBay skills. I can't wait to hear about it!

3. Macdctr macrumors regular

Congrats on the Kanga pickup! Yeah, these laptops are very hard to find these days....

4. weckart macrumors 68040

Congrats on finding one with RAM maxed out. Not that easy to find.

5. LightBulbFun macrumors 6502a

LightBulbFun

Congrats on finally getting a kanga :) inside they are just a slightly sped up 3400 with a G3 and cache slapped in place of the 3400s 603e if you look at the OF name for a PBG3 kanga its AAPL,3500 indicating that apple may of just called it PowerBook 3500 at some point... the kanga does not share the same bus improvements etc of the G3 beige that was released along side it.