Kaossilator users?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Optimus Rhyme, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Optimus Rhyme macrumors regular

Anyone else here have a Korg Kaossilator?

I picked one up a few months ago and have played around with it a fair bit but never actually recorded anything with it. Anyone have anything they have recorded?

If you're unsure as to what it is, here is a great video from youtube.

Search around for some other great videos, it's a blast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeQOuNBuJwg

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

3. Mr Ikasu macrumors member

I have one that I've played around with but not recorded anything. Seems to shine as a live instrument really but not had the opportunity to use it.

Best experience so far was my passenger using it hooked up to my car stereo on a long journey. Was quite a laugh.

Good fun for the price anyway. I love how you can just come up with something totally new every time for no effort.

4. blairwillis macrumors regular

Just checked this thing out and it looks cool. The price is right, but I'd willingly pay another $100 for MIDI i/o. Perhaps it's more of a Kaossinow and the Kaossilater 2.0 will have MIDI? Korg is strange in their product flow... half-fast at times? (musicians will recognize the tempo pun from High School band teacher dumb jokes 101)

I think I'll get me one of these thingymabobs.

5. Optimus Rhyme thread starter macrumors regular

I'll try to record myself making a song on it just for fun sometime but Mr Ikasu is correct, the most fun you have is just making something up at random.